Trying to choose your destination wedding venue in the Riviera Maya may leave you feeling overwhelmed and uncertain but you can rest assured that we will help you find the perfect fit! There are so many wonderful and unique wedding venues to choose from: resorts, boutique hotels, beach clubs, restaurants, private villas and everything in between! From ocean front ceremonies to romantic jungle settings, we have them all. The hardest part will be choosing one!
Civil Wedding (Legal with Certificate):
Forget what you’ve heard about legal marriages in Mexico being complicated! Although they do require a little more planning and paperwork, it is nothing to worry about and only requires a little more of your precious vacation time! If your dream is be legally married in Mexico, here are some points to consider:
- A legal marriage in Mexico (with a marriage license) must be performed by a Mexican justice of the peace.
- Valid passports required for the couple and 4 witnesses (no other ID is accepted).
- Tourist visa for the couple and 4 witnesses required (all foreigners automatically get a tourist visa at immigration in the airport after landing in Mexico).
- Blood test required (blood type and HIV test). This blood test must be done here in Mexico. It can be done at any local clinic and most times we can even have a nurse come to your hotel to perform the test. The results are ready in 24 hours, and there is no need to fuss over translating the results. Blood tests cost around $37.00 per person.
- Doctor’s certification of the blood test. We will arrange to get a certificate from a local doctor that certifies the lab results. The price is around $60 per certificate.
- The cost of the marriage license and ceremony is around $480.00. An additional $95.00 fee applies if the marriage is out of office.
- The cost of the apostile is $100.00 plus $80.00 approx to courier it to you. The apostile is the stamp which makes the certificate valid outside Mexico. We will send your certificate via courier as soon as it is available (approx one month from wedding date).
- A non-denominational non-religious ceremony is available for $380.00.
- At least 3 days before the ceremony, the couple and 4 witnesses must sign all documents and planner will go to justice’s office to deliver docs, fees and medical certificates. Please make photocopies of your passport`s page with photo and back and front of your tourist`s visa.
Weddings officiated by a Catholic priest or protestant minister can be arranged to fit your faith and traditions.
- Catholics can be married in the local parish church. The couple must have a certificate from their own parish priest which states that they have completed the required pre-marriage courses (pre-Cana).
- The service can be in English or Spanish and the cost is $200.00 plus the church’s rental fee.
- A Protestant minister charges around $350.00 for a ceremony.
- Couples who have a wedding performed by a priest, or minister in Mexico do not receive a marriage license unless they also register with the justice of the peace.
Several kinds of wedding ceremonies can be performed by a Mayan shaman, ranging from a simple ritual ceremony to a very elaborate wedding service.
To request a Mayan Ceremony, we simply need the names and birthdays of the wedding couple. After getting this basic information, the shaman will let us know if he can perform the ceremony.
A simple Mayan wedding ritual requires 1 week of advanced notice.
A more elaborate service, which includes handmade wedding clothes for the couple, made according to tradition, requires 1 to 2 months of preparation.
A typical Mayan Ceremony is led by a Mayan shaman and will be held in Maya. The service follows the actual traditions used by Maya in this region.
Couples who have a wedding performed by a priest, or minister in Mexico do not receive a marriage license unless they also register with the justice of the peace.
If you can imagine it, we can make it happen! We work with a strong network of local vendors and merchants to provide you with beautiful décor for every theme and in every budget. We are proud of our reputation of surpassing expectations and will ensure that every last detail is carefully planned and taken care of.
There are endless possibilities for food and beverage choices in our very multicultural area. Choose from International, Mexican, Italian, Asian or any other of our specialties and we can deliver mouth watering dishes reflecting the culinary excellence for which Playa del Carmen is renowned.
One of many great benefits of a destination wedding is the availability of locally grown fresh and exotic flowers. Choose something bold and unique or more traditional, regardless, we will make sure they are beautiful and memorable!
Music and Entertainment:
We want to make sure your big day is captured perfectly and will help you find the best fit for your budget.
A welcome dinner is a great way to welcome your guests to Mexico and get everyone acquainted and ready for the big day. We can help with all your needs, whether it be an intimate dinner at a hotel or restaurant or fabulous fiesta on the beach!
Transportation and Accommodation:
With so many great options for accommodation in the Riviera Maya, it can get overwhelming. Tell us what your looking for and we’ll help you narrow it down. We can arrange airport transfers, private shuttles, drivers, limos and of course wedding day transportation.