We all dance, some timidly move to the music, some are born tribal dancers, most of us, unless you are a natural born danseur, are shy to dance in public.
Yet, why do we dance? Ancient dances were natural movements of the body in a rhythmic way, usually to music/percussions and within a given space. They had the purpose of expressing a story, an idea or emotion, releasing energy, or simply taking delight in the movement itself. Humans have always tried to express themselves and shed a light to the darkness inside and outside of ourselves…
What is the meaning of a first dance? To have those feelings of love flush your body. Be sexy, funny, joyful, shy, present!! your first dance as a married couple is a profound moment at your destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. It’s an opportunity to showcase your love and create a first memory for both you and your guests. To help you make this moment poignant and magical, we’we compiled a list of five of the best song and dances that will leave everyone in awe. Thanks to DJ Diego Alvarado from @Evolution mix for your advice!
Here is OUR DJ Diego in Tulum! Best DJ in the Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen & Tulum for us at www.Weddingsinplaya.com. We love you DiegoDjdiegoalvarado!! We had fun finding the most famoust first dance wedding songs we have assisted to in our last 10 years… Read on!
My list of timeless tunes of first dance wedding songs:
The Righteous Bros – Unchained melody A classic. For whom:
For couples who want to embrace elegance of a timeless first dance, Unchained melody is a perfect choice. This soulful ballad’s heartfelt lyrist and captivating harmony set the stage for romance. Consider taking a few dance lessons to add some choreographic moves that complement the song’s enchantment.
2. Ruelle – I get to love you Slow, sweet and short. Pop slow romantic first dance song where you can combine contemporary and pop elements, making it ideal if you do not want to spend too much energy for your first dance. Keep it to 2′ and end with a fab kiss…
3. Beyonce & JayZ. – Crazy in love. Oh Oh oh oh oh! You got me so crazy baby… Channel your inner hip hop avatar with an urban or street dance routine. And if you feel really original, transform it in a general dance having more guests join you. Crazy in love offers a mix of R&B and rap elements, making it a perfect choice for showcasing your funky moves and high energy chemistry. Go surprise the crowd!
4. Marc Anthony – Vivir mi vida We are a few miles away from Cuba, Playa del Carmen being a short one hour flight away. Salsa is a lively and passionate dance style that will infuse your fist dance with excitement. Vivir la vida means to live life and it is an hymn to joy and do it that way you WANT to do it. Exactly what i think of every Destination wedding: celebrate and do it your way! This song will inspire you to move, spin, turn and intricate footwork for an electric performance. Not for the shy couples.
5. Frank Sinatra – Fly me to the MOON Swing dance brings me back to the 40’s and their elegance. If you are up for a timeless choice that will have guests tapping their feet and joining in the fun, that is your tune. Lively, elegant and swing forever! You will feel beautiful flying to your moon…
Remember,regardless of the dance style and song you choose, make sure to pracitce and get comfy with the routine to ensure a confident and memorable performance. The long dress is ardous to dance with and challenging to dance next to: practice with a long skirt, please! Tailor the dance to your own personalities and let your love and fun together shine through, creating a first dance that reflects the unique essence of you both. That is what we all are here to admire and celebrate: your rare, unique and incomparable love story.
Weddings in Mexico! white beach, palm trees and tequilas!! Cheap price right? ehemmm…
All in all organizing these events was extremely cheap 20 years ago when we started the business yet certainly this has changed since all venues have doubled their fees and post- Covid prices have increased. Additionally, flights and hotel rooms have caught up.
Weddings come in all shapes and sizes and with varying price tags. All things considere, hosting a beautiful wedding doesn’t have to mean to go into debt nor breaking the bank (unless you know how to…). We’ve used our collective experience to put together a list of the best wedding budget tips and hacks. Preparation and research can help save you a lot of your hard-earned money as you plan the big day.
Throw the wedding of your dreams with these wedding budget tips and money-savings secrets
You can have the wedding you’ve always wanted without wiping out your savings.
Above all, if you’re interested in a destination wedding, choosing a wedding date during slower seasons can save you a lot of money on venue rental, overnight accommodations, flights and more, however that is not always the case. Check online deal and your TA or OTA.
2. Avoid holidays
Another key point is to avoid holidays and other special events that raise local prices. All in all in conclusion it should be noted that to have it at one location, so wedding ceremony, cocktail and reception will be less expensive!
Altogether a small, intimate wedding will save the bride and the groom money on venue rental as well as food and beverage service,but in case of a very large wedding (i am planning one for 300 right now!), ask your guests for no gifts but cash contributions: however couples have everything since they already live together and that will help you both to give the party you dream of!
4. Look for venues that allow outside vendor setup
Also bringing in external vendors is often cheaper than using the in-house version and make sure to ask about additional fees for using outside vendors, set up/tear down fees, gratuity, and any other fees that may unexpectedly arise. Ask to see an example contract and compare various venue policies. We love DJ DIego https://www.instagram.com/evolutionmixaudiovisual/?hl=en
5. Create the ideal menu
Skip a full-plated dinner service that requires serving staff and includes multiple courses. Family style or buffet are great and everyone can get what they want! In conclusion altogether forget the cake and go for the delightful Mexican pastries like the ones we buy at http://www.chezceline.com.mx/ or at https://ahcacao.com/… We are clients and as a result have been buying for our couples their fab brownies ( for https://ahcacao.com/) and the creme brulee and mini tarts (@http://www.chezceline.com.mx/) since they opened!!
Ah cacao brownies, to die for…
6. Extend your cocktail hour to transition into the reception
As cocktail hour is wrapping up, unveil a slider bar, charcuterie station and break out the entertainment to seamlessly transition into the reception without including dinner service.
Thrifty decorations yet super cool!!
Spend your money where it matters most. Don’t allow decorations to take over your wedding budget; save money with these great tips. In addition, Pinterest is a super great helper!!!
7. Stick with one theme
Choose one style—one color scheme—and stick to it. Extra flowers, tissue paper, or linen can easily be repurposed to save elsewhere. Please no more gold and violet! seen and re-seen…
8. Paper flowers
Instead of shelling out major money for fresh flowers (be planet savvy since flowers have a high cost) , consider mini plants (like the ones at http://www.jardinfloreria.com) or origami flowers or other crafty DIY alternatives. Furthermore, they are they a bargain, they last a lot longer than “the real thing.” Plus they make a great gift at the end of the night! Arches also can be DIY…
9. Accentuate a simple dress with standout accessories
Simple, classic dresses can easily be taken up a notch with an eye-catching accessory. Lastly, choose jewelry, hair accessories, or shoes that stand out when paired with an affordable gown.
10. Choose a simple hairstyle and add a headband or barrette (or find a good friend…)
Stylists are typically needed for excessive updos. Choose a simple, elegant hairstyle accentuated by a headband or barrette to save on styling costs. If you have good friends, you can ask them for a make up or a touch up…
Financial responsibility is essential to wedding planning with less stress. It’s also a core component of a healthy marriage foundation. Start your marriage off right by setting financial goals, tracking expenses, and working with your partner to stay within a designated budget.
11. Discuss your budget with your partner and agree early on
Set goals and limits that you both agree on. Ensuring that you’re on the same page from the beginning will help avoid unnecessary drama down the line. Set a credit limit, and don’t go over it… Be financially responsible with your wedding planning. If you are comfortable paying off $500 of credit card debt this year, for example, set that limit and stick to it. If you can’t afford it, don’t charge anything at all. Only purchase what you can afford right now.
12. Decide what details are negotiable
Pinpoint “must have” and “can definitely live without” wedding details so that you can allocate money to what you want most. Take advantage of credit rewards and benefits. f you already have a credit card or two, research your reward benefits. See which retailers your creditor partners with to find unadvertised discounts and cash-back opportunities.
13. Look for unexpected expenseTry to anticipate any unforeseen expenses. Will you need to rent restroom trailers for an outdoor wedding? Is there ample parking? Most venues in Riviera Maya are far away from the city. consider that… what is the cost of transportation for the guests? and what if they want to leave earlier? Ask us for everything you need to know, we are always available at Watsapp +529838337771. You can never have too many options. Buy and create the items you really want and set for a budget friendly and amazing wedding day!! ENJOY in the creation…
Once upon a time, Katie and Pawel met. They had their eyes set on a wedding in Mexico and Isla Mujeres’s history dates back over 1500 years when it was part of the Maya province Ekab. The island served as the sanctuary for the Goddess Ixchel, the Maya goddess of the Moon, Textile, Fertility, Medicine and Women. They wanted such a great spot to be a scenery for their event.
They had chosen the amazing location of Zamas, on the south side of the island.
I imagine you all know the result: 2020 and the lovely Covid arrived and their wedding was moved year by year. While working full time and moving to a new home, they kept positive and engaged with the wedding plans and never lost their humor: I told you they are amazing!
Many vendors changed, many people lost their business and changed address, but we kept working together. Their optimism and generosity during our conversations I still remember!
So 2022 arrived and we all met on the Island for the final planning days!
Being such fun and carefree personalities they have lots of friends and all of them came to the wedding! Here is Katie with her BM, with their custom made shirts!!
The wedding was spectacular, the sun was out and the weather was blessing us with a sumptuous breeze. Andrew Roberts was the designated officiant and he entertained us with funny stories and skillful anecdotes from the couple’s lives.
What a great service. A dash of humor is always appreciated, thank You Andrew!
After the ceremony, a cocktail on the beach for all, while Lili Breton delighted every guest taking photos. At 7,30 buffet and the big surprise entered after dinner, since bride and groom had booked a 5 elements wind band that made its entrance with the Dj in a joyful and special manner: on a catamaran!
The night, as it usually happens, was too short so we all went to party to another location, but that is secret because what happens in Isla stays in Isla. And that’s it!