We all dance, some timidly move to the music, some are born tribal dancers, most of us, unless you are a natural born danseur, are shy to dance in public.
Yet, why do we dance? Ancient dances were natural movements of the body in a rhythmic way, usually to music/percussions and within a given space. They had the purpose of expressing a story, an idea or emotion, releasing energy, or simply taking delight in the movement itself. Humans have always tried to express themselves and shed a light to the darkness inside and outside of ourselves…
What is the meaning of a first dance? To have those feelings of love flush your body. Be sexy, funny, joyful, shy, present!! your first dance as a married couple is a profound moment at your destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. It’s an opportunity to showcase your love and create a first memory for both you and your guests. To help you make this moment poignant and magical, we’we compiled a list of five of the best song and dances that will leave everyone in awe. Thanks to DJ Diego Alvarado from @Evolution mix for your advice!
Here is OUR DJ Diego in Tulum! Best DJ in the Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen & Tulum for us at www.Weddingsinplaya.com. We love you DiegoDjdiegoalvarado!! We had fun finding the most famoust first dance wedding songs we have assisted to in our last 10 years… Read on!
My list of timeless tunes of first dance wedding songs:
- The Righteous Bros – Unchained melody A classic.
- For couples who want to embrace elegance of a timeless first dance, Unchained melody is a perfect choice. This soulful ballad’s heartfelt lyrist and captivating harmony set the stage for romance. Consider taking a few dance lessons to add some choreographic moves that complement the song’s enchantment.
2. Ruelle – I get to love you Slow, sweet and short. Pop slow romantic first dance song where you can combine contemporary and pop elements, making it ideal if you do not want to spend too much energy for your first dance. Keep it to 2′ and end with a fab kiss…
3. Beyonce & JayZ. – Crazy in love. Oh Oh oh oh oh! You got me so crazy baby… Channel your inner hip hop avatar with an urban or street dance routine. And if you feel really original, transform it in a general dance having more guests join you. Crazy in love offers a mix of R&B and rap elements, making it a perfect choice for showcasing your funky moves and high energy chemistry. Go surprise the crowd!
4. Marc Anthony – Vivir mi vida We are a few miles away from Cuba, Playa del Carmen being a short one hour flight away. Salsa is a lively and passionate dance style that will infuse your fist dance with excitement. Vivir la vida means to live life and it is an hymn to joy and do it that way you WANT to do it. Exactly what i think of every Destination wedding: celebrate and do it your way! This song will inspire you to move, spin, turn and intricate footwork for an electric performance. Not for the shy couples.
5. Frank Sinatra – Fly me to the MOON Swing dance brings me back to the 40’s and their elegance. If you are up for a timeless choice that will have guests tapping their feet and joining in the fun, that is your tune. Lively, elegant and swing forever! You will feel beautiful flying to your moon…
Remember,regardless of the dance style and song you choose, make sure to pracitce and get comfy with the routine to ensure a confident and memorable performance. The long dress is ardous to dance with and challenging to dance next to: practice with a long skirt, please! Tailor the dance to your own personalities and let your love and fun together shine through, creating a first dance that reflects the unique essence of you both. That is what we all are here to admire and celebrate: your rare, unique and incomparable love story.